inetd weirdness

Robin Cutshaw robin at itcatl.UUCP
Mon Oct 23 10:45:16 AEST 1989

I'm having a weird problem with inetd on AIX 1.1 for the PS/2.  I can
make tcp connections out to anyone on my backbone with no problems.  I
can also receive incoming calls such as ping and X-windows stuff with
no problems.  However, when connections go through inetd they connect
with no problems but then hang.  This effects everything in inetd.conf
including telnet, rlogin, etc.

Anyone seen this?  IBM says "see your SE" or re-install the OS.  They
say it's not a defect so sorry charlie.  The guy I talked with said
he didn't know much about "TPC", I guess not.

Thanks.
robin