Help needed to test sample code from InfoExplorer

Gary M. Lin skidrow at ceres.ucsc.edu
Thu Aug 23 08:06:52 AEST 1990

sml at beach.cis.ufl.edu (Shein-Fong Law) writes:
>  Hello, I'm having problems with linking X sample programs that come
>   with InfoExplorer. The error messages suggest that the Xt , Xm libraries
>   cannot be found, and so complains about undefined symbols( XtToolkit-
>   Initialize, XtOpenDisplay, and so on). I can find these libraries in
>  /usr/lib directory. I used the makefile that comes with the sample code
>  and set LD_LIBRARY_PATH to /usr/lib. I am using AIX 3.1 /RISC6000
>  machine.

	I had that problem with the default installation of Xsamples code.
	The fix was to edit the TOPDIR variable in the imakefiles in
	/usr/lpp/X11/Xsamples/util/imake.includes directory.  Otherwise,
	it was trying to look in the wrong place for the required libraries
	and other code.

	Betcha your glitch is something similar.  None of the Xsamples compiled
	correctly until TOPDIR was reassigned to where lpp/X11 is really kept.

						- Gary M. Lin

	PS:  Now why is Berkeley misspelled as 'Berkley' 6 times in Info??
	(SC)3 Santa Cruz Supercomputer	INTERNET: skidrow at ceres.ucsc.edu
	UC Santa Cruz, CA 95064`	UUCP: ..ucbvax!ucscc!ceres!skidrow