Need help with Emacs on RS6000

Doug Stailey dstailey at gnu.ai.mit.edu
Mon Aug 27 06:14:04 AEST 1990

In article <1990Aug23.150843.21677 at ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> johnson at ecovsh.eco.ncsu.edu writes:
>I've got the RS6000 emacs files that Steve Roseman posted to the AIX
>news group and the files from byron.u.washington.edu.  It compiles fine, and
>seems to run ok when X11 support is not included.  But when I try to run it
>after compiling with "HAVE_X_WINDOWS" defined it dies.  The fatal error msg is:
>
>   Wrong type argument: integer_or_marker_p, nil
>
>This seems to occurs around the (eval top-level)) line of loadup.el.

I have ported GNU Emacs to the RS/6000 by myself, a while before
joining comp.unix.aix.  My version will get the same message, but it
doesn't die.  It will not read in filenames from the command line,
because of this.  The error is a type-mismatch, a number is wanted and
a different type, like a string is there instead.

--
Oops, I seem to have misplaced my .signature...