AIX 3.1, script and intr

Guy Harris guy at auspex.auspex.com
Thu Aug 16 06:19:50 AEST 1990

>>I guess I wasn't clear enough in my original posting.  I was not asking how
>>to protect shell scripts; I was asking how to protect the script(1) program
>>from terminating when I type an intr character to a program whose output
>>I am capturing in a file via script(1).
>
>The answer is the same.

If the problem is that the user typed "script" and ran some program, and
then typed ^C to interrupt the program, only to have "script" itself
exit, the answer *should* be "oops, sorry, IBM screwed up; fixed in the
next release."

"script" - if it's the thingie that snarfs a pseudo-tty and runs a new
shell within that pseudo-tty, capturing and logging all terminal output
- shouldn't exit just because you type ^C at it!  It's supposed to *turn
off* special-character processing on the terminal from which it's run,
including processing of the interrupt and quit characters, and just
shove stuff down the aforementioned pseudo-tty.  What the tty driver or
the application do with those characters is their business.