Motif problem

James Nau james at engrs.unl.edu
Wed Aug 22 07:06:19 AEST 1990

I just came back from getting a drink today, and was going to iconify
a window (happened to be a vt100 window).  Clicked the mouse on the
iconify spot--nothing.  I thought I had my had on the wrong mouse
button, but nope.  Sure enough.  None of the Motif stuff would work with
the mouse.  No Resize of windows, no movement of windows, no menus up.
I'm set up for the keyboardFocusPolicy to be pointer.  The borders did
indeed indicate (and I could type into) windows were active/inactive.
Scrollbars also worked with a mouse.

Has anyone else seen this?  I don't know that I did anything different
than usual.  The only way I fixed it was to ctrl-alt-backspace out, and
restart.  (I tried various signals to mwm to see if I could initiate
a restart.  Alas 1,3 were caught and put up a "cancel mwm" box, 2 didn't
seem to do anything, and 4, well...)

Thanks
James Nau

james at engrs.unl.edu