Flaky behavior after installing 3002 upgrade

Peter Murray pemurray at miavx1.acs.muohio.edu
Mon Dec 17 12:25:38 AEST 1990

In article <127 at edi386.UUCP>, eddjp at edi386.UUCP ( Dewey Paciaffi ) writes:
> In article <HENKEL%NEPJT.90Dec9223901 at nepjt.ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> henkel at nepjt.ncsu.edu (Chuck Henkel) writes:
> -Problems:
> -
> -1) The main problem is that dbx causes the entire system to crash with
> -   the flashing "888" led display. The hidden message is 102 300 0c0,
> -   which is supposed to mean "Data storage interrupt - processor type"
>
> I began getting this particular interrupt while backing up NFS file
> systems. It turned out that I was running out of disk space (Data Storage)
> in my /tmp filesystem. While I'm not sure exactly what the correlation
> is, throwing a few more megabytes into /tmp cured my problem.
>
> I don't remember if this happened pre-3002 or not.

We're running the "September Update" (that's 3001, isn't it?) and we see
the machine crashing with the 102 300 0c0 message.  We happened to narrow
it down to a MS-DOS file being served to a PC over NFS (and it's
reproducable), but IBM hasn't come up to look at it yet.

We have 7 megs of space in the /tmp partition (the way it came installed).

Peter
--
Peter Murray            Neat UNIX Stunts #5:             pemurray at miavx1.bitnet
176 Thompson Hall    sh> drink <bottle; opener    pmurray at apsvax.aps.muohio.edu