Flaky behavior after installing 3002 upgrade

Dewey Paciaffi eddjp at edi386.UUCP
Tue Dec 11 01:57:58 AEST 1990

In article <HENKEL%NEPJT.90Dec9223901 at nepjt.ncsuvx.ncsu.edu> henkel at nepjt.ncsu.edu (Chuck Henkel) writes:
-
-I just installed the 3002 upgrade to a 320 system and I am seeing some
-erratic behavior. I'm curious whether other people are having similar
-problems or did I just screw something up.
-
-Notes:
-
-- Upgrade applied from tape.
-
-- System was at level 3000, *not* 3001, when I applied the PKGID U401202
-  Release 310 tape IBM sent me. IBM guy knew I was at 3000 when he
-  sent me the tape, so this shouldn't be the problem.
-
-Problems:
-
-1) The main problem is that dbx causes the entire system to crash with
-   the flashing "888" led display. The hidden message is 102 300 0c0,
-   which is supposed to mean "Data storage interrupt - processor type"

I began getting this particular interrupt while backing up NFS file
systems. It turned out that I was running out of disk space (Data Storage)
in my /tmp filesystem. While I'm not sure exactly what the correlation
is, throwing a few more megabytes into /tmp cured my problem.

I don't remember if this happened pre-3002 or not.

--
Dewey Paciaffi           ...!uunet!edi386!eddjp