System/6000 questions.

Geoff Coleman geoff at edm.uucp
Fri Jul 13 05:16:04 AEST 1990

[lots of stuff deleted ]
>From article <2644 at awdprime.UUCP>, by jeffe at sandino.austin.ibm.com (Peter Jeffe 512.823.4091):
->> In article <40900001 at sunb6> voss at sunb6.cs.uiuc.edu writes:
->>>9)  What do you think of AIX in general?  (I'm a BSD bigot myself.)
->>>    One person told me half jokingly:
->>>	"throw out the best of BSD, and the best of SYS V,
->>>	 what is left is AIX."
->>>    What do you think?
->>
->> I think that's a bit silly; much of the kernel is drawn from both sources,
->> and I can say from first-hand experience that the tcp/ip/socket code is almost
->> indistinguishable from BSD tahoe, except where we've fixed bugs.  As for the
->> rest, it seems well-structured and reasonably lean, considering that IBM has
						  ^^^^^

	And how do you define lean? It takes approximately 80 Mbyte of Disk
space to install the bare minimum of load 9013. I don't consider that lean.

Geoff Coleman
Unexsys Systems