AIX PS/2 quota and getty

Kevin P. Kleinfelter kevin at msa3b.UUCP
Tue Jul 31 21:03:34 AEST 1990

lehtonen at cs.Helsinki.FI (Tapio Lehtonen) writes:

>Another problem: I need to initialize my moden on tty line differently
>from the default. I tried to fgrep the strings from all files, but no
>luck. I am prepared to patch the code, if only I can find what file to
>patch. So, in what file is the code that sends Hayes commands to the
>modem? Or, better yet, perhaps there is a text file from which those
>commands are read?

I suggest writing a program to configure the modem the way you want it and
then exec getty (and tell getty NOT to configure the modem). What I have done
is to manually configure the modem and then configure it to reload my values
on DTR drop. This way there is no need to reprogram the modem at each  getty
start-up.

--
Kevin Kleinfelter @ Dun and Bradstreet Software, Inc (404) 239-2347
{emory,gatech}!nanovx!msa3b!kevin

"Don't hold your finger on the button if the motor ain't goin' roundy-roundy."