bind 4.8.x and AIX 1.2 ?

Axel Clauberg a0020 at rrz.uni-koeln.de
Tue Jul 31 19:55:37 AEST 1990

AIX/370 1.2's nameserver seems to be based on a very old BSD version (4.7 ?).
As this version has a lot of bugs I'd like to install a more recent one.
I tried to install bind 4.8.1 from Berkeley and 4.8.2. The resolver library
is working, tools like nslookup run fine using a remote server.
Running named gives you format errors when a name not being in the cache
or authoritative data is to be resolved.
Before I start to debug:
does anyone have a properly running bind (named) rel. >= 4.8.1 on AIX/370
or PS/2 release 1.2 ?

Axel
--
Axel Clauberg,    Regional Computing Center, University of Cologne
                  Robert-Koch Str. 10

                  Phone:    +49 (221) 478-5589
                  Internet: cl at rrz.Uni-Koeln.DE
                  Bitnet:   a0020 at DK0RRZK1