PS/2 Ethernet boards

Russell A. Heise RAH at IBM.COM
Fri Jul 13 01:32:51 AEST 1990

  chapman at acf4.NYU.EDU (Gary W. Chapman) writes:

  > I understand that AIX for PS/2 now supports 3Com ethernet board(s).
  > Anyone know which model 3Com boards?  Anyone know if other vendors'
  > boards are/will be supported?  I am most interested in Western Digital.

  AIX PS/2 includes support for:
      Ungermann-Bass NICps/2 #1542; and,
      3Com 3C523.
  The code for the latter is not installed in AIX PS/2 as shipped.  Instead,
  it is provided in /usr/nifl/3com/*.  This includes a README file which
 explains
  how to install the code.  These are the only vendor boards currently
  supported.

 Russ Heise, AIX Technical Support, IBM
 rah at ibm.com