NFS mounts on R6000

David L. Luner luner at werewolf.cs.wisc.edu
Tue Mar 27 02:00:49 AEST 1990

In article <588 at fsu.scri.fsu.edu> hudgens at fsu.scri.fsu.edu (Jim Hudgens) writes:

>  We have a 9005? version of AIX on a loaner R6000 on which we have
>been unable to import NFS filesystems.  We have a server running
>ULTRIX 3.0 and when we try:
>
>    ibm# mount -v nfs dechost:/dechost/a /dechost/a
>    mount: server dechost not responding: RPC: Authentication error;
>	    why = Invalid client credential

The default distributed system has root in about 10 concurrent groups.
This group membership list is used by RPC to keep people honest.
Various systems' servers limit the number of concurrent groups to 8.
Edit /etc/group (better yet, use SMIT) to put root in fewer groups.
[Thanks to lexie at cs.wisc.edu].

	-- David

David Luner
Systems Engineer