Shared Memory for Executable

neal at mnopltd.UUCP neal at mnopltd.UUCP
Thu Oct 11 02:36:07 AEST 1990

->We are using a program that takes up about 5MB of memory, and were wondering
->about the possibility of putting it into a shared memory space.  That way,
->if 20 users were running the program, we would only be chewing up 5MB of
->memory, not 100MB.
->
->Is this something that is easy to do?  I've been pointed to the shmat
->subroutine, but I would appreciate any tips from the pros.

Isn't AIX  supposed to be SYS V?  Aren't all SYS V executables inherently
sharable right out of the box?   (as far as code space is concerned)

Now, if you had TWO or more programs which between them used the same set of
functions, you might want to consider using the shared libraries facility
to allow common functions to be shared.