cutting from info into vi

Marc Pawliger marc at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com
Fri Oct 12 05:32:13 AEST 1990

In article <101090.094243.heise1 at ibm.com>, RAH at IBM.COM ("Russell A. Heise") writes:

|>  rds95 at leah.Albany.Edu (Robert Seals) writes:
|>
|>  > I been tryin to paste example gl programs from infoexplorer
|>  > into vi, but there seems to be some limit on the size
|>  > of the cut buffer. If one exceeds the limit, all that gets
|>  > pasted is a number, like "4040". The info database is
|>  > on another machine. Is there a better way?
|>
|>  The 'cut' buffer for InfoExplorer appears to be of fixed size.  However,
|>  you can get around the problem through careful use of the queueing
|>  system. [....]

There was a bug in the way Info handled the INCR protocol for cut and paste
such that when the protocol was requested it wouldn't work.  "The INCR
protocol" is an X mechanism for cutting and pasting large selections
so that the server doesn't get too bogged down when doing large cuts and
pastes.

This is fixed in the "post-July" update, which will/is be called the
"September Update".

+---Marc Pawliger---IBM Advanced Workstations Division---Palo Alto, CA---+
|    Internet: marc%ibmsupt at uunet.uu.net     VNET:    MARCP at AUSVM6    |
|     UUCP:     uunet!ibmsupt!ibmpa!marc      Phone:   (415) 855-3493    |
+------IBMnet:   marc at ibmpa.awdpa.ibm.com------IBM T/L:  465-3493--------+