Problem with modem on S2 serial port

mike at bria.UUCP mike at bria.UUCP
Wed Jan 9 14:54:46 AEST 1991

In article <4687 at awdprime.UUCP> John F. Haugh II writes:
>There have been some problems related to pdisable/penable versus
>using SMIT.  I'd suggest trying the SMIT command to enable a TTY
>for login.

As I understand it, SMIT is just an interface for the regular commands
such as penable, pdisable, and chdev.  Would there really be a functional
difference if I enter "penable" or SMIT enters "penable"?

>You may want to check the contents of your /etc/inittab file to
>see if the penable command is putting the correct line in that
>file.  Also, you need to get PTF 3003 as it includes fixes to
>other commands as well.

Yup, inittab looked wonderful, and ps does show a getty on the port.
>From the looks of things, I'll have to snag the 3003 update and
see if that fixes the problem ... :-(
--
Michael Stefanik, Systems Engineer (JOAT), Briareus Corporation
UUCP: ...!uunet!bria!mike