Problem with modem on S2 serial port

John F. Haugh II jfh at greenber.austin.ibm.com
Tue Jan 8 05:07:25 AEST 1991

In article <281 at bria.AIX> mike at bria.AIX (Mike Stefanik/78125) writes:
>The problem is that when I try to dial up the system, I get a
>connect, but no login.  Now, what is interesting is that *infrequently*
>when two "pdisable" and two "penable" commands are issued, such as:
>
>     # pdisable tty1; pdisable tty1; penable tty1; penable tty1

There have been some problems related to pdisable/penable versus
using SMIT.  I'd suggest trying the SMIT command to enable a TTY
for login.

You may want to check the contents of your /etc/inittab file to
see if the penable command is putting the correct line in that
file.  Also, you need to get PTF 3003 as it includes fixes to
other commands as well.
--
John F. Haugh II       | This space intentionally |    MaBellNet: (512) 838-4330
SneakerNet: 809/1C079  |      left blank ...      |      VNET: LCCB386 at AUSVMQ