xlcentry, 3002, r30 and r31

Benson I. Margulies benson at odi.com
Sun Jan 13 04:55:57 AEST 1991

I have a program that works fine -g, and fails -O.  Seems that the
compiler is making a bad assumption about the contents of r30.  It
loads up a bad address and takes a SIGSEGV.  I called it in, though I
couldn't boil the testcase down, and received "xlc emergency release
1.0".

Well, I installed it, and now I've a plague of similiar problems. I
suspect that I have to compile everything with the new compiler to use
it at all. Needless to say, I'm still negotiating with defect support
on this, but I wonder if anyone else has been here before .

--
Benson I. Margulies