CU and getty on a single line

Rich Braun rbraun at spdcc.COM
Thu May 16 05:02:43 AEST 1991

The documentation on 'cu' and 'getty' on the RS/6000 doesn't seem to
answer the following question:

	How do I set up my modems so I can dial in and dial out
	on each of them?

The 'getty' doc mentions a '-r' command-line option, but when I
put that into inittab I can't log in.  It also mentions the fact that
a number of parameters such as the device protection mode are stored
in the ODM database, about which I know nothing.

Can anyone shed some light on this?  At this point I've got major
resource-contention problems because I can only set up one modem for
outgoing 'cu' and 'uucp' use.  IBM's response was "take two aspirin and
call us in a month":  i.e. wait for your 3.1.5 tape and then let us know
if the problem still exists.

-rich