SunOS --> AIX 2.2.1 porting?

Ronald S Woan woan at exeter.austin.ibm.com
Wed May 1 23:25:59 AEST 1991

In article <1991May1.010457.4066 at ducvax.auburn.edu> campbell at ducvax.auburn.edu (Black Dougal) writes:
>I have recently gotten an account on an IBM RT running AIX 2.2.1.  I'm
>trying to port a rather complex program to it, but have had problems with
>compiling.  The program compiles without a hitch on a Sparc running SunOS,
>but I just can't get the darned thing working in AIX.

AIX 2.2.1 is pretty much good old Sys V (R2?) with some Berkeley stuff
tossed in for good measure, so Sun OS/BSD stuff takes some work to
port over.

>I noticed in the FAQ posting that a file '/usr/lpp/bos/bsdport' was
>mentioned, but this file does not exist on our system (in fact the whole
>'bos' subdirectory is missing).  If this file isn't under a copyright
>which prevents it, could someone e-mail it, and any other porting tips
>to me?  This would be much appreciated.

It won't help you as it is for AIX 3.? only...

+ Ronald S. Woan                woan at cactus.org or woan at austin.vnet.ibm.com +
+ other email addresses             Prodigy: XTCR74A Compuserve: 73530,2537 +