GNU Development Possible?

Rich Skrenta skrenta at amix.commodore.com
Thu Jan 10 07:24:57 AEST 1991

burley at geech.ai.mit.edu (Craig Burley) writes:
> Is Amiga UNIX going to be sufficiently solid to enable me to get
> GNU EMACS, GNU CC, and other GNU software up and running,

Two C compilers are included with our release:  the standard cc as well
as gcc.  Emacs as well as other public domain software including news, elm,
rn, less, etc. are also included.  We felt that these utilities are useful
and "standard" enough to warrant including on our release.  Source code for
the public domain utilities is included in a separate archive on the release
tape.

> ...I'd lean towards a solid monochrome display over anything fancy even
> if I were offered a choice without having to pay.

I agree.  My preferred monitor is a Moniterm 19 inch B&W.  I usually make
most of my multiscreens 50 lines/screen.  It's also a good monitor for
running X.

Rich
skrenta at amix.commodore.com