Amiga 3000UX first impressions

Jason Goldberg jason at cbmami.UUCP
Sun Jan 13 10:38:53 AEST 1991

In article <1991Jan12.103948.8702 at zorch.SF-Bay.ORG>, Mike Schwartz writes:

> Commodore is clearly avoiding telling us how much they plan to sell the
> machine for in this newsgroup.  Someone asks Can it run on the 2500/020,
> how much it costs, and when it can be had.  The response from CBM is
> that the 020 board was designed to allow unix to run.  No response to the
> price or availability issue.
>
> The only thing I hear about is the 3000 and beta versions for developers.
> Nothing about whether you can get even a beta version for the 2500/020 or
> 2500/030.
It will run on both the 2500/030 and 2500/020, you will by able to buy it
for your existing machine.  I think the CBM people on this group may not
know or may not be at liberty to say how much the software alone will cost.
As far as I know the software hasn't even been announced as an add on for
existing Amiga w/ MMU systems, so it is not unreasonable for a CBM employee
not to quote you a price.   It is very possible that a price hasn't even
been set yet!  I don't have a clue what they will charge for the software,
but I do know that the odds are it will be distributed via tape, so you
will need to own/rent/borrow a tape drive in order to purchase the
software.

-Jason-