Amiga 3000 UX & 2410 Graphics Adapter

William F Hammond hammond at cs.albany.edu
Sun Jun 30 06:02:00 AEST 1991

In article <DOCONNOR.91Jun27085655 at titania.srg.UUCP> uunet!srg!titania!doconnor writes:
>The other option would be to let authorized dealers install UNIX off tape
>onto customer systems. This will probably happen anyway : I buy UNIX from
>my dealer, bring in my system, he hooks up his tape drive and tally ho !
>The idea of making everybody buy a tape drive to get UNIX is IMHO crazy.
>--
>Dennis O'Connor,      		uunet!srg!titania!doconnor

It would be good if there were a practical way for those who do not want
to have tape drives to be able to have UNIX on 3000's.

It is reasonable to expect that there will be periodic updates of the
UNIX software, however.

Moreover, for most systems tape will probably offer the most practical way
of backing up user and local files.  Thus, the investment in a tape drive
does not need to be viewed as solely for the purpose of enabling the
installation and updating of UNIX.

William F. Hammond                   Dept. of Mathematics & Statistics
518-442-4625                         SUNYA, Albany, NY 12222
hammond at leah.albany.edu              wfh58 at albnyvms.bitnet