stdio.h incompatibility?

Rich Skrenta skrenta at amix.commodore.com
Fri Jun 21 13:32:43 AEST 1991

devisser at cs.utwente.nl (Jan de Visser) writes:
> When trying to install g++ on my Amiga 3000UX, it complained that a FILE does
> not have a _bufsize field.
> What is the reason for this incompatibility? What to do to solve it?

g++ does some pretty gross stuff with FILE, uncessesarily mucking about in
the internals of stdio.  This is inherently non-portable.

The particular problem you're having can be fixed by simply turning
on USG_STDIO in the Makefile, but that's not all you'll need to do to
it to get g++ to work.  I'm currently working on g++ for our 2.0 release.
I will post diffs & instructions as soon as I get it working.

Rich
skrenta at amix.commodore.com