some questions

Jonathan Foley foley at phoebus.meteor.wisc.edu
Tue Jun 11 07:21:47 AEST 1991

I have never used an Amiga so please bear with me.

I am using a bunch of Unix workstations at my office (Sun Sparcstations,
etc.) and I would like to get something like this for my own personal
use at home.  I have heard that the Amiga 3000 is a pretty good computer
and that it can run a flavor of Unix and X11.

Is this really true?  Can someone buy an Amiga with Unix and X11 already
installed?  How much would something like that cost - with the appropriate
hardware setup?  How well does something like this work?  What kind of
hardware is involved?  What version of X11 is it?  What kind of window
manager does the X11 server use?  Can you get Motif for the Amiga?
Etc...?

Any information about Amiga Unix/X11 would be most appreciated.

Jonathan Foley                               | email:  foley at meteor.wisc.edu |
Center for Climatic Research and              -------------------------------
Department of Atmospheric & Oceanic Sciences
University of Wisconsin
1225 West Dayton Street                        (608) 262-0794
Madison, WI  53706 - United States             (608) 262-2839