Comp.sources.aux Comp.binaries.aux

a.e.mossberg aem at ibiza.cs.miami.edu
Fri Aug 11 06:44:47 AEST 1989

allbery at nc386.UUCP (Brandon S. Allbery) writes:
>+---------------
>| Now, if anyone has the Berkeley lpr/lpd working under A/UX, I'd be interested.
>| I spent a couple hours on it without getting it to work passably.
>+---------------

>Why bother, unless Apple gratuitously decided not to provide lp?

Because we have primarily BSD systems, and System V lp has no provision
for printers attached to other systems. I have no desire to give people
accounts on my vaxstation or Sun 3/60 just so they can print.  I've
been sent a copy of diffs for lpd under A/UX, by the way, but haven't
tried it out yet.

BTW, I've snagged the binary for gcc from apple.com, as well as the
patched sources for a/ux, but can't compile gcc under a/ux, either using
gcc 1.35 (minus patchs) or cc with the big compilier. Has anyone been able
to compile it?

aem
a.e.mossberg - aem at mthvax.cs.miami.edu/aem at umiami.BITNET - Pahayokee Bioregion
Colourless green ideas sleep furiously.			- Noam Chomsky