atstatus:No printer selected by Macintosh chooser

Sari Harrison sdh at vax2.twg.com
Wed Jul 18 02:33:32 AEST 1990

Help!  I keep getting this message over and over and over again.  It's
driving me crazy!

I have a IIfx with an Apple ethernet card and have configured
/etc/appletalk to be ethertalk0.  TCP/IP works just fine, but I can't see
any zones.  When the Mac is running MacOS all the zones are there.  I was
previously unconcerned about this lack of zones, but then I tried using
lpr and suddenly I was getting this constant flow of messages.  They
change to "LaserWriter:LaserWriter@* not found" when I go into the chooser
and select Laserwriter.  I pretty much understand what this means, but how
to stop it?  And what started it?  I did manage to shut it up by running
newconfig with noappletalk, but that's not really a solution.

Incidentally, how does one make changes to the System Folder?
Specifically, add or remove cdevs?

This is only my opinion