Resizing AUX Mac OS partition? (novice question)

Tony Cooper tony at tui.marcam.dsir.govt.nz
Thu Jun 6 22:06:48 AEST 1991

In article <3127 at redstar.dcs.qmw.ac.uk>, liam at dcs.qmw.ac.uk (William
Roberts;) writes:

|>I hope attitudes to A/UX have changed since, but the problem that all these
|>people keep bumping into is that software with no claims to support
A/UX won't
|>even work as "standard MacOS" when vuewed from A/UX.
|>
|>Perhaps Kent or someone with A/UX responsibilities in DTS would care to
|>reconsider producing a technote in this area?

I second that. It is now a frequently asked question "my drive shows up on
the desktop under MacOS but not A/UX". It was asked twice this week - once
wrt CDROMs and once wrt hard drives. I think a technote should be produced
stating just what needs to be in the partition map for the drive to show
up under A/UX. I suspec that people are missing out on drives for the want
of a bit turned on here or there or something simple like that. And the
existence of the tech note might make more people aware of the need to be
A/UX-wary even if the drive is not partitioned for A/UX.

Tony Cooper