uugetty [Was Re: Scripts to deal with A/UX's buggy UUCP]

Alexis Rosen alexis at panix.uucp
Sun Mar 17 18:23:26 AEST 1991

henry at chinet.chi.il.us (Henry C. Schmitt) writes:
>In article <1991Mar12.170918.29890 at mitem> unger at mitem (Tom Unger) writes:
>>I also have a uugetty that allows both dial in and dial out on the same
>>line.  I don't know if it is the best solution but has been working OK
>>for me.
>
>Please point us to a place to get this uugetty.  I'm using a program
>called uutty which is a real hack (gotos hidden in #define macros!!)
>and would like to find something more maintainable.
>
>If there's enough interest or it's small, please condsider posting
>it.

While this is a matter of personal preference, I wouldn't replace the getty.
If you're resistant to using the uupoll I posted, you can simply alter Apple's
uudemon a bit. Use the code in uupoll to switch the line before uucico'ing,
and switch it back later.

As for why I prefer not messing with getty- the side effects are greater,
that's all.

---
Alexis Rosen
Owner/Sysadmin, PANIX Public Access Unix, NY
{cmcl2,apple}!panix!alexis