Shared libraries are not necessary

Sean Eric Fagan sef at kithrup.COM
Mon Jun 10 16:16:02 AEST 1991

In article <315 at titccy.cc.titech.ac.jp> mohta at necom830.cc.titech.ac.jp (Masataka Ohta) writes:
>Though I can't stop you from bloating your environment, not everybody
>believes in bloatation.

So therefore shared libraries aren't necessary.

Great chain of logic:  I don't think it's necessary for me, therefore it's
not necessary for anyone, therefore anything which might support it is not
necessary.

>Along this discussion, I remember two people said
>they use window system only because they need multiple terminals (their
>articles have expired on my site).

I'm one of them.  These days, I run several terminals, a mail reader, a file
browser, a dictionary, and a thesaurus.  Of those, the mail reader and
terminals get the most use.  Given that I only have 8Mbytes on the machine,
*any* savings helps, despite what you seem to think.

sef at kithrup.COM  |  I had a bellyache at the time."