Everex tape drive on V/386

Jon Zeeff zeeff at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us
Tue Dec 20 03:43:53 AEST 1988

In article <172 at wa3wbu.UUCP> john at wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:
>backs up my other disk which is /archive. I've been invoking the backup
>with "find / -depth -print | cpio -ocv | strm /dev/mt/rmt0". When I

I suggest that you use

   cd /; find . -depth -print | cpio -ocv | strm /dev/mt/rmt0

It's much better to be able to restore files somewhere else.

find . -print | sort -r | cpio ...

also has some advantages if you are using floppies and want to find a file
(use fixcpio to start in the middle of a floppy series).

  Jon Zeeff			zeeff at b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us
  Support ISO 8859/1		zeeff%b-tech.uucp at umix.cc.umich.edu
  Ann Arbor, MI			umix!b-tech!zeeff