SysV/AT ksh emacs mode broken!

Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard jay at splut.UUCP
Sun Jul 10 10:09:11 AEST 1988

In article <Jul.9.04.30.18.1988.18068 at aramis.rutgers.edu> hedrick at aramis.rutgers.edu (Charles Hedrick) writes:
>On the 286, there is not enough address space to include both emacs
>and vi line editing modes.  (The makefile is set up for small model.
>I haven't had the courage to try large model.)

Somehow, I'm not surprised.

>The binary on the
>uport bbs is compiled with vi.  That's why emacs mode didn't work for
>you.  vi is bigger than emacs, so if you compile ksh with emacs
>instead of vi, you also have room for the Berkeley-style job-control
>stuff.  (If you use the patches I have developed, job control will
>even work.)

Great...but what about those of us who don't have sources?

Maybe we can convince Microport to recompile it either in large model,
with both modes in place, or provide another version with emacs instead?

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC...>splut!< | Never ascribe to malice that which can
uucp:       uunet!nuchat!           | adequately be explained by stupidity.