The Microport BBS is up, and other fairy tales ...

Andrew ValenciaSeattle vandys at hpcupt1.HP.COM
Sat Apr 29 01:23:31 AEST 1989

/ hpcupt1:comp.unix.microport / asmith at aftac.tis.llnl.gov (Phil Smith) /  9:51 am  Apr 27, 1989 /
>I'm not too surprised since uport is reported to have filed Chapter 11 !
>Some associates ($$$) and I have discussed the prospects of buying Microport,
>or their licenses. I too have been trying to get hold of someone out
>in Scotts Valley, but I've come up dry.

	I put in a PO here and our purchasing later got a call from
Microport claiming that they were having "a money problem" (not exact
quote, but you get the idea) and wanted us to send them the money
up front.  So purchasing wanted to know if I thought this was OK.  As
soon as I got up off the floor (having fallen there laughing) I cancelled
the PO and opened a new one with Everex.  We'll see how this one goes.

				Andy