The Microport BBS is up, and other fairy tales ...

David F. Carlson dave at micropen
Fri Apr 28 01:55:05 AEST 1989

In article <101480 at sun.Eng.Sun.COM>, plocher%sally at Sun.COM (John Plocher) writes:
> As I was getting ready to leave, someone from Microport came to work, and
> I identified myself and what I was doing...  and was promptly EVICTED from
> the building with the words "we don't like what you are saying on Usenet
> about Microport - get out!"
>
> So much for trying to help :-(

Ouch!!!  Good thing that Microport appreciates people who are earnestly trying
to make the best out of a nasty situation.  What a great company to have
recently left!

> This person at Microport said that people have been calling Microport and
> mentioning that I had told them that product was still shipping.  They
> wanted to order stuff like upgrades and device drivers.  It seems that
> Microport can't deliver the stuff, and so now they are mad at me for
> suggesting it to y'all....
>
>    -John Plocher

Since my company is in deep with Microport in the field, I had our purchasing
people order everything we would need for several months the *day* John posted
about filing chapter 11.  We received our shipments in full (albeit with little
expectation of customer support! :-)  So thanks John for letting us know.  What
this small company would have done without that insurance of licenses in stock
until a new vendor can be qual'ed is ugly to contemplate.  We had our cache in
stock 10 days before the pulp rags even noted the filing!

My guess was that Microport would layoff shipping and production soon after
filing:  guess I was right.

To all those at Microport reading "their" net:  John has never written anything
in this forum that could be even broadly construed as slandering Microport.
If the truth is considered slander, that is solely the responsibility of
Microport Inc.

--
David F. Carlson, Micropen, Inc.
micropen!dave at ee.rochester.edu

"The faster I go, the behinder I get." --Lewis Carroll