Help needed installing 2.4.0

T. William Wells bill at twwells.com
Mon Jul 31 09:32:12 AEST 1989

In article <2421 at wa4mei.UUCP> rsj at wa4mei.UUCP (Randy Jarrett WA4MEI) writes:
: I don't feel that the Seagate drives can hold up to the workout that unix
: gives them.

On the other hand, I have an ST4096 on my Unix system, with a full
newsfeed on it. Other than a few blocks which intermittently failed
right after I installed it, I have had no problems.

The biggest problem I had was the *software* which would forget that
a block was bad if it ever managed to read it without error.

---
bill at twwells.com