Who's in my Directory ?

Gerben 'P' Vos gpvos at cs.vu.nl
Thu Nov 22 00:13:28 AEST 1990

jxf at castor.cis.ksu.edu (Jerry Frain) writes:
>It isn't possible in any conventional way that I know of, however, a
>friend of mine once create an 'ls' binary that he placed in his home
>directory which logged a message to some predetermined log file, and
>then exec'd /bin/ls with the original arguments.

>Doesn't work if they have /bin in their path before '.', though, but
>it still caught a lot of people snooping.

I know a student around here with an "ls" shellscript in their home directory,
which *copied your mailbox* into a subdirectory, so he could read it.
The moral of this story: have ls aliased to /bin/ls or have /bin before . in
your $PATH.

-					Gerben.
--- Gerben Vos - Aconet: BIGBEN!Gerben Vos - Internet: gpvos at cs.vu.nl
---- Definition of intelligence: Anything a human does better than a computer