Who's in my Directory ?

Marcus J. Ranum mjr at hussar.dco.dec.com
Wed Nov 21 12:44:39 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov21.004657.10564 at mcs.kent.edu> dpavlich at math-cs.kent.edu (Dave Pavlich) writes:
>      Is there a way on unix to find out if someone has 'cd''d into your
>   directory ?

	I don't know a neat way to do this, but when I'm trying to get
people off a filesystem I want to unmount, I use "ps -aeww | grep directory"
which *sometimes* catches it, if the person is using a shell that keeps
a $CWD or something like that in the environment.

	Otherwise, the only approaches I can think of involve rummaging
around in the user structs. :( u_cdir, and follow the gnode.

mjr.
--
"When choosing between two evils, give preference to the council of your
tummy over that of your testes. The history of mankind is full of disasters