ulimit considered braindamaged ?

grr at cbmvax.UUCP grr at cbmvax.UUCP
Thu Feb 5 13:28:56 AEST 1987

In article <837 at stb.UUCP> michael at stb.UUCP (Michael) writes:
>Well, I'm glad that Sys3 (ok, Radio shacks version of SCO's port of
>microsofts implementation of ATnT's sys3) has no default ulimit; I've
>managed to make 30-35 meg backup files in /usr/tmp. (this was
>Michael Gersten		ihnp4!ucla-cs!cepu!ucla-an!remsit!stb!michael

A number of "System III" ports are actually 7th Edition ports with some of
the newer S III system calls added.  Zilog's Zeus, and I believe non Sys V
Xenix fall into this category.  Zeus implements the ulimit system call, but
the disk limit part of it is a no-op.
but no way officially representing	arpa: cbmvax!grr at seismo.css.GOV