SCCS version control

Doug Gwyn gwyn at smoke.BRL.MIL
Sat Dec 10 09:10:39 AEST 1988

In article <3217 at ingr.UUCP> markv at ingr.UUCP (Mark VandenBrink) writes:
>In developing a product under SCCS, we have, finally, gotten to the point
>where we need to make a release.  So far no problems; however, I would like
>to "remember" or baseline our platform so that some later time (fixes release,
>etc.) I can automagically recreate the platform.

Well, UNIX System V has a "comb" utility that can help combine deltas,
but if your project is organized like ours, you may want to do what we
plan to do, which is to run a massive find on the source tree and for
each SCCS archive, do a "get -e", remove the archive, and "admin -i" a
replacement archive with SCCS ID 1.1.  Something similar but not so
drastic could then be done for subsequent releases, so that there are
no unreleased changes in the archives except for the current
developmental work.