Need help with NROFF, VI

James Harvey jbh at mibte.UUCP
Wed Feb 24 04:07:08 AEST 1988

In article <2519 at mibte.UUCP>, jbh at mibte.UUCP (James Harvey) writes:

> We are doing word processing using VI and NROFF on the Pyramid
> here.  We hooked an HP LaserJet II to the printer ports of our
> terminals through a Logical Connection sharing box.
>
> Question:
>   How does one get an escape sequence out of NROFF?

I have several comments on getting an escape into a VI file by
using Control-V.  Thanks, this works fine and helps a lot in
creating the scripts that I use to spool to the LaserJet (do a
reset, set noskipoverperf, set 66 lines and some set landscape).
The NROFF problem remains however.  I can't get an escape through
NROFF.  This thing uses several printer drivers, does anyone know
where these printer drivers are stored?  Mabye I can figure out
how to modify one to configure the LaserJet.

Oh, yes, the computer is eight miles away, not too practical to
connect the printer directly.  We don't all have the luxury of
our own machines.  The LaserJet is currently shared by two
5420/2's, one vt240, and two IBM AT's running dedicated
applications.

--

Jim Harvey                        |      "Ask not for whom the bell
Michigan Bell Telephone           |      tolls and you will only pay

   ihnp4!mibte!jbh   or try   ulysses!gamma!mibte!jbh