PWB/UNIX

Ron Natalie ron at topaz.rutgers.edu
Fri Jul 8 04:08:00 AEST 1988

It is not true that PWB UNIX required an 11/70 and floating point.  It didn't
even require split-I/D so you could run it on 11/34's and such provided they
had memory management.

What I believe you are referring to as 6.5 is the phototypesetter C compiler.
When you bought troff, you got a fixed up, pre-version 7 compiler that had
things like the equals-op operators the right way around.  There was also a
kernel diff listing circulating around referred to as "fifty fixes."

There was actually a PWB II release which had a V7 kernel as a base, if I
recall.

-Ron