postscript within troff

Jeff Lo jlo at elan.UUCP
Fri Jul 8 06:01:23 AEST 1988

In article <3681 at psuvax1.cs.psu.edu> ehrlich at blitz (Dan Ehrlich) writes:
>In article <532 at cogen.UUCP> alen at cogen.UUCP (Alen Shapiro) writes:
>>I'd like to know if it is possible to imbed postscript in troff - and if so,
>>how. We have an apple laserwriter connected to a sun3 server and use
>
>Hmmm... Buy a Sun.  SunOS4.0's version of troff directly generates
>PostScript(r) output.  You could buy a Sun 386i if you need to run
>DOS applications.

I have looked at the SunOS 4.0 /usr/bin/troff and the 4.0 Change Notes,
and it is still old troff, producing what looks like CAT typesetter codes,
the only difference is that it now has width tables for PostScript fonts
rather than CAT/4 phototypesetter fonts. You will still need to convert
from CAT codes to PostScript, but the widths will be right.

If you really need ditroff and want to include PostScript, give us a call,
we sell such a beast.
--
Jeff Lo
..!{ames,hplabs}!elan!jlo