Is a NEED for more COMMERCIAL usenet feed providers?

Isaac Rabinovitch isaac at gethen.UUCP
Mon Jul 4 16:46:54 AEST 1988

In article <11403 at steinmetz.ge.com>, davidsen at steinmetz.ge.com (William E. Davidsen Jr) writes:
>   For low budget sites, uunet can be reached by PC Pursuit...
A good suggestion, which I was thinking of employing myself, but one to
be used with caution.  You'll note that Telenet is *very* sticky about
PC Pursuit not being used for commerical purposes.  Doubtless this rule
is widely broken, but I think they'd notice and come down on someone
operating a news site.  If I ever start a news site using PCP, I intend
to be very careful that my net activities are non-commercial.  ("Just a
public discussion system for myself and a few of my associaltes.")  If
I'm doing anything resembling business, none of it (mail, file
transfers) would go over the net.  I'd use MCI mail, which is more
reliable anyway.

After all, they might try to stick me for *all* the network time I had
used, and with a UUCP link being up 2 or 3 hours every night, that would
be a lot of money!