Is a NEED for more COMMERCIAL usenet feed providers?

Doug Blair blair at obdient.UUCP
Mon Jul 11 22:38:55 AEST 1988

In article <991 at gethen.UUCP>, isaac at gethen.UUCP (Isaac Rabinovitch) writes:
>                        You'll note that Telenet is *very* sticky about
> PC Pursuit not being used for commerical purposes.

Hmmmm.... we just signed up here and I'm reviewing the PC Pursuit
Terms and Conditions document as I write this.  I can't see anything
in it which would preclude the use of PCP for commercial purposes.
It even mentions that you can access databases and bulliten boards
that are operated by entities other than Telent and disassociates
Telenet from these ventures.  Telenet is a common carrier, just like
a voice telephone connection, and you can use it to access commercial
systems just like you can use the phone to call businesses.

Now (and this is VERY important) using PCP (or anything else) to
move business documents or information onto usenet or through
mail paths which have not agreed to carry your business traffic
is a no-no.  But there's no reason why you can't use PCP to make
a DIRECT connection from your machine to your client's machine and
send whatever you want over the link.  How do you think Telenet makes
its money during the day? :-)

Doug

 /   \ | |           | | |_|            _| |_  Doug Blair_______312-653-5527