Unix editors

Mark Storin mark at lakesys.UUCP
Wed Jul 13 15:00:26 AEST 1988

In article <16534 at pbhya.PacBell.COM> whh at pbhya.PacBell.COM (Wilson Heydt) writes:

>If your new programmers can't learn new editors--you need a better grade
>of programmer.

	What a novel idea ;-).  Programmers should be flexible?

>I currently have to keep track of 4 TSO, 1 VM, and 3 UNIX accounts--and
>that's just at work.  So what's a couple of different editors among
>friends?

	Editors are tools.  Some tools are better for some things than others.
You wouldn't expect much fun from trying a standard screwdriver on a philips
head screw.  In the spirit of the original question, students should learn as
many editors as they are capable of learning.  School is where you should be
learning these things.  You develop your capability to learn new instruction
sets.  Adds flexibility to your thinking.  Improves concentration, etc.

	Preferences?  Everybody has preferences.
--
Mark A. Storin
Lake Systems, Milw., WI