read in to history list

Dan Trottier dan at maccs.UUCP
Fri Mar 4 12:29:12 AEST 1988

In article <323 at ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM> mike at ivory.SanDiego.NCR.COM (Michael Lodman) writes:
>Does someone know of a way to read commands into a history list
>under csh? I have some commands that I would like read in at
>login time.

Set the csh variable savehist (i.e. savehist=50) in your .login file.
Create a file say .preload with the history commands you want to preload.
Add the following command to your .login file "mv .preload .history".

Voila. You have whatever commands you need at login. The question is
can you create a history list which does not change. It would be useful
to have a set list of history commands to chose from. Yes you can alias
these commands but it's not the same thing.

--
       A.I. - is a three toed sloth!        | ...!uunet!mnetor!maccs!dan
-- Official scrabble players dictionary --  | dan at mcmaster.BITNET