Transferring binary files from VAX BSD 4.2 to MS-DOS

Clayton Cramer cramer at optilink.UUCP
Tue May 3 03:06:38 AEST 1988

> > [A rather long description of the problems that can occur with KERMIT
> >  if things are not properly configured ]
> >
> >I strongly recommend Frank DeLaCruz's book "KERMIT: a file transfer protocol"
> >from DIGITAL Press.
>
> I strongly recommend that you convert to XMODEM or one of it's
> variations (preferrably ZMODEM).  Xmodem is a lowest common
> denominator:  nearly every PC communications program can handle
> vanilla XMODEM.
>
>      john nelson

Great!  Now, will someone please send me XMODEM for UNIX?  I've been
trying to obtain it for months.  I've had at least one person offer
to send it to me, but I can't seem to get mail back to him.

Please?  Pretty please, with sugar on top?  XMODEM?

Clayton E. Cramer