AT&T source license

John Stewart jstewart at madhaus.utcs
Tue Mar 27 05:49:04 AEST 1990

We'd like to get source code for Mach from CMU.  The bottleneck is that we
need to get an AT&T Unix source license so we can get a BSD source license
so we can a Mach license.  Confused?  Join the crowd.

I've tried talking to AT&T but with little success so far.  The people
I've spoken to seem to think any type of source license would cost around
$100,000.  Maybe that would be reasonable if we were a commercial company
doing Unix development but we're not.  We don't need AT&T source code at
all; all we need is a piece of paper that will make Berkeley happy.

If anyone knows the real score on AT&T Unix source licenses or has a good
contact at AT&T, I'd be interested in hearing about it.