nroff page length

Derek Terveer det at cimcor.mn.org
Wed Sep 5 04:14:26 AEST 1990

In article <807 at ofssrv.syssup.tds.philips.nl> karl at syssup.tds.PHILIPS.nl (Karl Lovink) writes:
> Attached to my system there is a HP Laserjet II printer, and when
> I print out the manual pages, the every page is 2 lines too long.

The man pages are formatted for 66 lines per page.  It sounds like your
printer is set to automatically eject after 64 lines per page.  This is
quite common in the messy-dos world.  Try changing the form length on
the printer and save that length as the default, or prefix the print
job with the appropriate control codes to change the form length for
that job.

(If this is a common printer accessed by many, you should probably be
initializing everything in the world for each print job anyway, since
you have no guarantees about its state at start-of-job)

derek
--
temporarily:  			derek at cimcor.MN.ORG
as soon as i get my pc back:	det at hawkmoon.MN.ORG