I'm learning UNIX and I have a simple question

Mike O'Connor mjo at irie.ais.org
Thu Jun 20 18:57:06 AEST 1991

In article <jpope.677361841 at sysp1> jpope at hq.af.mil (i991x) writes:

:I would like to strip off the first field (the id-name) and output to the
:screen four columns (four users per line instead of one) without the other
:information about where and when they logged in.

The "users" command sounds like what you'd need.  Not sure if it's
found in all Unixes, or a commad found in the BSD Unixes I generally
use.  It outputs the usernames all on one line, but it's entirely
possible to format the output any ol' way you want with tools like
cut, tr, awk/sed/perl, etc.

====
Mike O'Connor (mjo at ais.org)