setting or retaining the date of a file

Phil Howard KA9WGN phil at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu
Sat Mar 30 15:43:45 AEST 1991

I have a bunch of files in which the date of the file has a particular
meaning to me.  I want to retain the dates.  However I also want to sort
these files as well.  I don't want to end up with a bunch of sorted files
dated today.

Before I start writing something to do this, I would like to ask if it
has already been done.  If it takes the date in the same form as "ls -l"
types it, or can copy the dated from a named file, that would be great.

I would do the latter form if I have to as it would avoid having to code
and conversion of anything.
--
/ Phil Howard -- KA9WGN -- phil at ux1.cso.uiuc.edu                              \